Mining the Depths

I'll read almost anything and love what captures my imagination. Best of all is responding to books in the larger cultural sense, loving or loathsome. Literature should have a place in the wider world.

And I'm another GoodReads refugee.

The Book That Changed My Life: Interviews with National Book Award Winners and Finalists (Modern Library Paperbacks) - Neil Baldwin, Diane Osen First, I didn't dislike this book. "it was ok" So I thought it would be mostly interviews where we found out what these famous writer's considered a book that changed their lives, but most of the interviews seemed to focus on the books they wrote that changed there lives. Which okay, pretty interesting.How curious that pretty much all of the fiction/poetry authors, especially the men, seemed much more pretentious, and the historians not so much. But Grace Pauley sounds lovely, and I'll have to look her up.

The Well of Ascension
Brandon Sanderson
Progress: 325/781 pages
Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Progress: 26 %
Fearsome Journeys: The New Solaris Book of Fantasy
Daniel Abraham, Robert Redick, Saladin Ahmed, K.J. Parker, Scott Lynch, Elizabeth Bear, Ysabeau S. Wilce, Ellen Klages, Jonathan Strahan, Jeffrey Ford, Trudi Canavan, Glen Cook, Ellen Kushner, Kate Elliott
Progress: 57/395 pages
Dracula
Leonard Wolf, Bram Stoker
The Guermantes Way
Christopher Prendergast, Mark Treharne, Marcel Proust
The Art of the Personal Essay: An Anthology from the Classical Era to the Present
Teachers & Writers Collaborative, Phillip Lopate