Mining the Depths

I'll read almost anything and love what captures my imagination. Best of all is responding to books in the larger cultural sense, loving or loathsome. Literature should have a place in the wider world.

And I'm another GoodReads refugee.

Share Your Writing and Let Others Comment on Yours

Reblogged from BookLikes:

BookLikes owlGet involved into discussions, comment and be commented. Book lovers at BookLikes read, write, shelve and review their books but you can also discuss and comment. Our commenting system is based on Disqus which gives easy, nice and neat experiences when it comes to sharing, viewing and managing your comments.

To discuss and let others comment on your posts and reviews at BookLikes follow these three steps:

1. Sign up or log in at Disqus.com

2. Register your webpage - your blog at BookLikes (username.booklikes.com) and choose your site’s shortname at Disqus (for example, your blog’s name)
3. Add you site’s shortname at BookLikes Settings Blog and Save

Voila - adding comments on your blog is ready now. To add comments click on a post title and write notes in a comment window below. The person will get notification about your note and you'll get information about the reply. Try by yourself - enter your blog post and check if your comment window is visible. If you have any questions, contact us (or leave us a comment).

Don’t keep your opinions to yourself - be social, share them and let others share theirs with you. So who will be the first one to comment on this one? :-)

The Well of Ascension
Brandon Sanderson
Progress: 325/781 pages
Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Progress: 26 %
Fearsome Journeys: The New Solaris Book of Fantasy
Daniel Abraham, Robert Redick, Saladin Ahmed, K.J. Parker, Scott Lynch, Elizabeth Bear, Ysabeau S. Wilce, Ellen Klages, Jonathan Strahan, Jeffrey Ford, Trudi Canavan, Glen Cook, Ellen Kushner, Kate Elliott
Progress: 57/395 pages
Dracula
Leonard Wolf, Bram Stoker
The Guermantes Way
Christopher Prendergast, Mark Treharne, Marcel Proust
The Art of the Personal Essay: An Anthology from the Classical Era to the Present
Teachers & Writers Collaborative, Phillip Lopate